The best person to disciple a student is a parent, but every student (and parent) needs someone else who loves God and loves them.
Parenting is one of the most important roles someone can have, but sometimes it’s hard to see the impact that is being made. From scurrying to the next practice, club meeting, or music lesson, it’s difficult to pause and reflect on how everything is really going. Couple that with the fact that being a parent of a middle or high schooler comes with some of the highest of the highs and the lowest of the lows, and it’s sometimes just downright impossible to truly know how your student is doing.
No matter your family situation, don’t lose hope. Being a parent doesn’t have to be this way and there’s no need to do it alone. Mountain Students wants to partner with parents to help parents raise up students that have an authentic faith of their own.
There are lots of ways to engage – from joining a community with other parents, utilizing resources that speak into tough situations, and partnering with volunteers as they engage with students (Students Groups Leaders are the best!). Check out the resources below and don’t hesitate to connect as we partner together to help your student develop an authentic faith of their own.
- Students Groups Leader – By far, the best way to partner together is through working with a Group Leader. They are trained, equipped, and encouraged to help your student develop an authentic faith. Join a Students Group today by clicking one of the following links. Middle School | High School
- Students Staff – In addition to the team of awesome volunteers, the Mountain Students Staff Team is available as a resource for you to talk with, equip, and encourage you in this journey. Email them here.
Books and Podcasts
- Phase Guides – Phase Guide Website | Amazon
- Parenting Beyond Your Capacity – Amazon | Orange (also available wherever books are sold)
- Don't Miss It – Amazon | Orange (also available wherever books are sold)
- The Sticky Faith Guide for Your Family - Amazon | Fuller Youth Institute (also available wherever books are sold)
- Parent Cue Live Podcast - Website (available wherever you listen to podcasts)
- Smart Family Podcast - Website (available wherever you listen to podcasts)