Real conversations. Life-long friendships. Adult leaders who truly care.
Being a part of Students Groups is the best decision you can make! In Students Groups, there’s an authentic community where it’s safe to be yourself while also being challenged to grow and be a better you. There are times to have fun and connect with new friends. Plus, there are adult leaders there for you who genuinely care about you and want to hear how your week is going.
Join a Group
Students Groups is an experience that is centered around relationships and helps connect every student to a group of students led by Group Leaders. Middle and high schoolers will arrive at their Mountain campus on Wednesdays to hang out, connect, and be challenged through a message designed specifically for students. After the message, the best part of the night kicks off as everyone breaks into smaller groups guided by adult leaders where students can share what’s going on in their lives and talk about the message.
At a Glance
Wednesday nights at each Mountain Campus & Online
Middle School: 6-7:30 PM
High School: 7:30-9 PM
See your campus’ page for a calendar for the semester.
COVID safety guidelines
The safety of students is a huge value at Mountain. The Students Team looks to meet or exceed all CDC and local health department guidance to help keep students safe. In addition to face coverings and physical distancing, there will be an adjusted in-person experience to help maximize the safety of our students.
When students arrive on campus, they check-in and head directly to a predetermined space where their group is meeting. For some campuses these are separate rooms and for other campuses this looks like a larger shared space with extra distancing between groups. Students participate in a message and conversations together with their group. At this time, there will not be a free time portion of the night with snacks and larger group games. You can find additional guidelines and safety protocols for the in-person experience of Students Groups HERE.
In addition, a digital option is available for all students and families who are not ready or comfortable with meeting in-person. We hope every family here at Mountain is able to pick the option that best works for their family. The digital option allows students to join in with the same groups as the students who are joining in-person. Students will watch a YouTube Premiere video that starts 15 minutes after the start time (MS: 6:15 PM, HS: 7:45 PM). The video includes the same content as the in-person message, and at the end provides a Zoom link for students to join a group through Zoom right after the video ends. If you were a part of Students Everywhere last spring, the experience is very similar.
General Flow of a Students Groups Night once restrictions lift
- 30 minutes - Hang Out Time: An opportunity to have fun and hang with friends.
- 25 minutes - Campus Time: A time for everyone to get together and hear a challenging message.
- 40 minutes - Group Time: The main part of the night where students connect in smaller groups and share what’s going on in their lives.
Flow of a Students Groups Night Right Now
- 15 minutes - Check-In and Connect: An opportunity to check-in, get settled into the space, and connect with their group.*
- 20 minutes - Listen to Content: A time for each student to hear a challenge message through video.
- 45 minutes - Discuss with Group: The main part of the night where students connect in groups and share what’s going on in their lives. These groups meet hybrid style with digital and in-person options for students and leaders together.
- 10 minutes - Clean-Up: Groups will spend some time cleaning and wiping down what they have touched including any chairs, supplies, and other surfaces.
*Students participating digitally jump right after this point on Mountain Students YouTube.
Have more questions?
Check out the FAQs for Students Groups or email the Students Team at email@example.com.
Join a Group