Unstoppable Christmas Offering
VISIT - mountaincc.org/give, for your top 7 end of year tax reminders!
Unstoppable Good is in full swing, and as we prepare to turn the page into year two of being IN IT FOR GOOD, we also look forward to celebrating Mountain’s 200th year of being ON MISSION!
This year’s Christmas Offering gives each of us a special way to continue making a difference in the lives of KIDS! Your generous Unstoppable Christmas gift can make these three things happen RIGHT NOW!
Break ground on the High School Camp for Missions of Hope (MOHI) in Kenya
Continued support of EPICENTER children’s programming on their 10th anniversary
Expansion of Backpack Blessings to provide food on the weekends for children at 5 local schools.
Read on to see what incredible work each of these ministries are involved in, and why we love them so much! Our Christmas giving to Unstoppable Good will get these things moving right away.
As always, gifts can be made online at MountainCC.org/Give
, in the offering kiosks at a campus, or by mailing it to Mountain.
Your generous Christmas Offering gift to Unstoppable Good can make these three things happen RIGHT NOW!
Missions of Hope International (MOHI) | $125,000
- Camp Angaza (Shine Bright in Swahili) opened two years ago and has been a huge success! Sixth grade students are able to spend two weeks with their peers and focus on growing closer to Jesus together. Mountain was a big part in helping Camp Angaza open, and now we have the opportunity to do it again!
Camp Angaza Tu (means Shine EVEN Brighter) would give tenth graders the same chance to grow to maturity in Christ. He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ. — Colossians 1:28.
Mountain wants to invest in making Camp Angaza Tu a reality for Unstoppable Good to take hold in Kenya and beyond!
248 Kids Sponsored at 5 Schools in Harford County | $25,000
- Backpack Blessings is giving weekly food security to some of our neediest families. The families are so appreciative of this weekly support for their children because it is reliable, nutritious and helps with the weekends. Additionally, a lot of the families who are receiving Backpack Blessings support are now frequent visitors to our food pantry at Old Post Road Plus, it has opened the door for conversation about additional needs the family may have. — Samantha Reynolds
Epicenter Youth Programs | $50,000
The Zone (before & after school care)
- We currently have 101 students participating in our Before & After Care Program
Almost 50% of our families receive support from the State (Child Care Scholarship Vouchers)
- We serve 12 different schools in Edgewood & Aberdeen
- 100 Kids were part of Camp EPIC for 8 weeks of the summer
- Field Trips included trips to the pool, Skateland, the African Children's Museum, Restoration Farm (animals, fishing, blacksmith) and the Discovery Science Center
- Daily activities included Art, STEM, Legos, Gym/PE & Fine Arts (Bucket Drums, Drama and creative writing)
NEW This Year
- EPIC 1-Day Camps: We know that there are several days in the year where school is closed for kids but most parents still have to work. These day camps are great for families (and teachers) who don't normally need care during the week but do need it on Professional Development Days when schools are closed.
- We hosted our first EPIC 1-Day Camp in October to provide a safe, affordable and fun environment for kids while their parents have to work.
Parent/Family Trainings and Workshops: We want to make sure that we are also providing resources for Parents and families to make sure that we are strengthening the whole family.
- HOPE Training for Parents through HCPS (November)
- Parenting through Mental Health Family Event (January)
Make a Gift