If you get excited about finding opportunities to leverage your giving in strategic ways that advance the vision of Mountain and grow you in your generosity, then the Dream Team might be for you.
What is it?
The Dream Team is a group of people who love God and love Mountain and want to leverage their giving in a way that helps God’s dreams for Mountain become a reality.
We believe that God is daring us to dream and that anything less than a God-sized vision is too small. Everyone has a part in realizing that vision, and each person has different gifts to offer. While some will use their God-given gifts to serve or bless or teach or lead, the Dream Team is for those who want to advance God’s vision for Mountain through their gift of giving.
“We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.”
Romans 12:6-8 (NIV)
We believe in giving out of joy and gratitude and love for God and His mission -- never out of obligation. We believe that it is God’s Spirit who gives the gift of giving and God who stirs our hearts to give freely and cheerfully.
Dream Team members are invited to live with expectancy that God will excite them with the things that excite Him, and they will have an opportunity to give in ways that make a real impact. The Dream Team does not exist in order to ratchet up pressure or direct solicitation, rather it’s to keep members informed of opportunities and provide encouragement as each person nurtures the gift God has given them.
“You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. ‘For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.’”
2 Corinthians 9:7 (NLT)
While there are many worthy charitable causes, nothing can take the place of the local church when it is active and focused on a lost and broken world. For that reason, the Dream Team concentrates exclusively on projects with exceptional “Kingdom ROI” (Return On Investment). These are God-honoring, high-impact opportunities in four distinct areas that we call “Vision Lanes”:
- Campus Projects – Creating settings and space for people to pursue Jesus
- Next Gen – Building a faith community for the next generation of kids and students
- Local Impact – Bringing hope and help to our community
- Global Impact – Unleashing ministry around the world
There are projects the Dream Team can “Accelerate” and “Activate”...
Accelerate - These projects generally have longer lead times and are things we’ve committed budgeted funds toward. They are set before the Dream Team because they are high-impact, and if the Dream Team can accelerate their completion, those budgeted funds can be freed up to drive mission forward in other areas.
Activate - These projects are latent with potential and reliant upon the Dream to turn them into a reality. No budgeted funds are currently set aside for the these projects. They are waiting for the Dream Team to activate them and make them happen.
Dream Team members can stay informed through a dedicated Dream Team website, and they will receive periodic updates for each Vision Lane containing information about:
- New Vision Projects – High-impact opportunities to accelerate or activate the vision
- The Vision Gap – The resources needed to realize the vision
- Wins – A report of the measurable results of what’s been given
- Prayer – An invitation to pray for specific needs requested by people engaged in this ministry area
Because Dream Team members are typically busy people who often serve and lead in other contexts, we intentionally look for simple ways to stay connected a few times a year.
- Large Group setting – Twice each year, the entire Dream Team is invited for a vision update and celebration, typically in late spring and late fall.
- Small Group setting – Once each year, groups of 10-14 Dream Team members at a time are invited for a more intimate time of sharing and connection with Lead Pastor, Ben Cachiaras and other key leaders.